You’ll feel right at home here in Valley County with welcoming hospitality that warms your soul, lively events that create priceless memories and unique destinations that fuel your sense of adventure, your desire for relaxation or both.
- Lake Vibes & Running Rivers: Life is better in the Great Lakes Region of Central Nebraska. Here you can access five incredible lakes and reservoirs, all within 45 minutes of Ord as well as four major rivers that are perfect for kayaking, tubing, and tanking adventures.
- The Greens Scene: If golf is your game, Valley County is your destination. Along with the incredible Ord Golf Course, you’ll find five other courses within a 60-mile radius.
- Dark Skies, Bright Stars: The wide-open space found in the Sandhills is the perfect destination for star gazing. World class views of the Milky way and constellations are a nightly occurrence in Valley County.
- Play in the Parks: From camper pads and frisbee golf to tennis courts and splash pads, our parks are a great way to get out and burn some energy.
- Hub for History Buffs: Valley County is rich in history, and we love to share it with visitors. From the Valley County Museum in Ord, Fort Hartsuff in Elyria, or the Veterans Walls in North Loup & Arcadia, you’re sure to take home a piece of Nebraska History.
- First-Rate Performance & Fine Arts: Valley County is home to a booming Arts & Culture scene. Catch a performance by world famous artists at The Golden Husk Theater in Ord or enjoy local art at one of several art galleries in the area.
- Top Flight Waterfowl Hunting: Find exceptional waterfowl hunting in the heart of the Central Nebraska Flyway. Wild turkeys, ducks, geese, and pheasants are abundant along the North and Middle Loup Rivers and at the Davis Creek Wildlife Management Area.
For more information on visiting Valley County, request a FREE travel guide!